Having been involved with residential and light, commercial construction for over 35 years, I have both the experience and confidence Read More ...
Home inspection reports vary in length and detail depending one the size and complexity of the home. This sample report of a townhouse is what I consider a short, but should give you a good understanding of the style and detail you can expect in your inspection report.
The report will contain written narratives along with high resolution photographs and a summery of items found to be deficient. The inspection report will be delivered to you in a HTML (web page) format that is easy to read with clear images that may be enlarged.
Included in your home inspection report
- Cover Page – Simple yet professional with property photo, property address, client information and inspector information.
- Table of Contents – To help clients find a specific section in the report easily and efficiently.
- Introduction Page – General overview, comment key and definitions used in your report, along with property information and conditions at the time of your home inspection.
- Main Sections – 8 Major Systems including Structural, Roof, Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Insulation and Ventilation, Interior, and Fireplaces with over 300 inspection items.
- Component Descriptions – Listing styles and materials at the top of each section.
- Description of Limitations – A list of limitations or exclusions encountered during the inspection process for that area or component.
- Observations and Recommendations – List of components inspected, any safety concerns, repairs needed and/or any components not inspected.
- Photo Section – Pictures of all noted deficiencies and/or specific components at the specified property.
- Report Summary – An outline of defects, safety concerns and deferred maintenance items noted within the inspection report, usually used by Real Estate Agents or Banks for reference.
- An InterNACHI and IAC2-Certified Professional Inspector with over 32 years of hands on experience providing you with a professional home inspection report. A report that gives you the clarity and peace of mind you need to move ahead in your real estate transaction.