Home Inspection Report
Sample home inspection report
Home inspection reports vary in length and detail depending on the size and complexity of the home. This sample report should give you a good understanding of the style and detail you can expect in your report.
Your report will contain written narratives along with high-resolution photographs and a summary of items found to be deficient. The inspection report will be delivered to you in an HTML (web page) format that is easy to read with clear images that may be enlarged.
Included In Your Inspection Report
- Cover Page with property photo, property address, client information, and inspector information.
- Table of Contents to help clients find a specific section in the report easily and efficiently.
- Introduction Page – General overview, comment key, and definitions used in your report, along with property information and conditions at the time of your home inspection.
- Main Sections – 8 Major Systems including Structural, Roof, Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Insulation and Ventilation, Interior, and Fireplaces with over 300 inspection items.
- Component Descriptions – Listing styles and materials at the top of each section.
- Description of Limitations – A list of limitations or exclusions encountered during the inspection process for that area or component.
- Observations and Recommendations – List of components inspected, any safety concerns, repairs needed, and/or any components not inspected.
- Photo Section – Pictures of all noted deficiencies and/or specific components at the specified property.
- Report Summary – An outline of defects, safety concerns, and deferred maintenance items noted within the inspection report, usually used by Real Estate Agents or Banks for reference.