Having been involved with residential and light, commercial construction for over 35 years, I have both the experience and confidence Read More ...
I am often asked, is it worth the time and effort to schedule a pre-drywall inspection. The short answer is YES!
As a matter of fact, you should insist on a pre-drywall inspection! Hiring the best inspector you can find should be your next priority.
Before you decide to forgo the inspection, ask yourself these important questions:
- How long does the county inspector stay at my home during the framing inspection?
- Why is the builder trying to talk me out of having an independent home inspector visit the property?
- Do you know that the builder is often required to contact the home warranty company if issues are found during the construction of your new home?
- Do you have a paper trail of repair requests from the builder or is the project manager trying to do everything verbally?
- Does the builder have my best interest at heart?
If you don’t know the answer to any of these questions call me! I can explain why a paper trail is important for your 10-year home warranty. As a former home builder and carpenter, I have a unique perspective on this and can answer any other questions you may have.
A broken roof truss was found at today’s pre-drywall inspection. This was discovered shortly after the county inspector had signed off on the framing inspection!